CIVIL AND INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION
From establishment to project delivery, SMS provides end-to-end survey and engineering support.
We’ve developed unique and tailored systems and tools that assist our clients in machine monitoring and tracking of progress.
- Digital Terrain Models (DTMs) via RPAS devices for volumetric calculations and historical ground capture.
- Development and Planning feasibility data capture for developers and aerial surveying for project planning.
- Mapping of structures and vegetation.
- End of Month progress claim capture.
- Machine Utilisation Management.
- Dilapidation surveys.
RPAS technology has a multitude of applications within the Agriculture sector. The benefits of our RPAS technology within Agriculture are rapidly proving their commercial worth and are a valuable management tool in modern farming.
- Data collection for analytics on crop and soil health.
- Drainage management and optimisation.
- Nitrogen levels.
- Weed and Pest invasion.
- Plant population assessment.
- Pre and post storm data capture for insurance claims.
- Assessing grazing movement patterns.
- Agri-asset damage for response to repair or insurance claims.
- Animal tracking and counting.
- Watershed identification and design for water capture and dam systems.
- Payload delivery.
- Safety applications.
RPAS devices are now an integral tool to increase efficiency, improve safety and streamline operations in mine sites all over the world. Replacing manual inspections in hazardous areas and collecting critical information – while drastically reducing the time and manpower required – is transforming the industry.
- Stockpile volumes and end-of-month reconciliation.
- Terrain mapping and change detection.
- Asset management and scheduling.
- Situational awareness and emergency response.
- Infrastructure and equipment inspection.
- Security and surveillance.
- Evaluation, risk management and control over tailings dams, especially with potentially hazardous contaminants.
- Inspect unsafe or hard-to-reach areas without exposing personnel to hazards and maximising operational efficiency.
- On-going haul road planning and optimisation for improved operational efficiency.
The Energy sector has embraced RPAS for inspections and mapping, and provides fast and accurate solutions and applications.
RPAS devices can offer support with solar installations, providing a complete result in less time, and at a fraction of the cost, than traditional methods.
- Cell-level defects.
- Physical damage and degradation.
- Bad diodes.
- Strings or modules offline.
- Reverse polarity.
- Module mismatch.
- Storm damage.
- Vegetation encroachment.
- Foreign objects.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND DISASTER MAPPING
RPAS devices have been already become an invaluable tool for mapping and monitoring areas that are affected by sudden-onset disasters. The use of RPAS to map disaster areas provides significant cost advantages compared to other methods, can be conducted safely, and offers rapid response times when compared to traditional methods.
- Surge Tides and Tsunamis.
- First aid/emergency Drops.
- Medical Supply.
RPAS technology can augment and support a wide range of maritime services. RPAS craft can map and inspect situations that are dangerous or hard to reach and provide both cost and time savings compared to other forms of inspection
- RPAS technology can connect port operations on the ground and at sea, offering aerial insights.
- Mapping & Surveying.
- Emergency response.
- Inventory volume tracking of outdoor bulk material storage areas.
- Seaport monitoring of processes and status.
- Equipment Inspections.
- Infrastructure security.
- Inspection of Gantry crane operations as well as Gantry Cranes for maintenance.
- Search and rescue.
RPAS craft are now being used as a tool to aid beach patrol services and coastal emergency services. The ability to deliver the below stated areas of data will further enhance rescue efforts and aid in monitoring of marine species.
- Restricted areas – perimeter security patrols.
- Shark detection.
- Surf safety.
- Rip management.
- Swimmer distress or drowning alert.
- Search and rescue.
- Marine species assessment, mapping and monitoring.
RPAS (UAVs) can be considered cameras able to capture pictures and videos from a variety of angles, and aren’t limited to a single location. A single drone could be used to collect more and better information than a series of cameras that are placed throughout a given location. When combined with information from stationary cameras, organizations can use drones to enable complete awareness. This reduces need for boots on the ground and improves response time. Some applications include:
- Autonomous scheduled 24/7 perimeter monitoring of all types of facilities from rail yards, large acre manufacturing facilities and storage yards.
- Thermal imaging security inspections over rough terrain.
- Events security and monitoring (tethered flight).
- Emergency communication networks (tethered flight).
- Traffic surveillance (tethered flight).
RPAS provide diverse service offerings within the Maritime industry. Services offered include:
- Manage container inventory and ease of monitoring within restricted areas.
- Constant aerial visibility of sensitive shipments, ensuring compliance and reducing risk.
- Locate and inspect unidentified freight.
- Increased productivity and transparency of container movement within the port.
- Routine inspections of Container lots and traffic areas for foreign objects as well as intruders to no go areas.
- Overall port security using autonomous flight platform.